Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wishful Thinking

It occurs to me {and Ralph} that sometimes, while I'm doing something I've made a mistake and wanted to start ovver. Such times are when I've played a wrong note that had been going perfectly well, I'm doing homework and my writing looks like chicken scratch, I spell a word wrong during an essay, my entire drawing is screwed, I forgot to wash my socks then suddenly remember in the middle of the night, I've accidentally said something mean to a friend, I forgot to return a library book, I forgot to turn in my homework, I've missed an importan phone call, I've thrown away a valuable vegetable in my game, ect. With the things that are relating to games, there's always a reset button {or overwrite file button or something in relation to that}. You can delete your file. You can make a new file. But for the other things, there is no reset button. Because a reset button kind of takes away the point of all the things that happened prior to it. Because a reset button is just part of a game. Somehow, that angers me. Not just that I've made a mistake and regretted about it, but that I've wanted to start over because of the mistake. Maybe it's a mentality thing. I blame the game companies.

No comments: