Saturday, February 16, 2008

Further Exploring...

Yes, yes, I am again, on an expedition to explore the furthest depths of Google. Wow, that was really redundant! Moving on, I meant to say that I was going through some more of those experimental phases where I try out the new software of Google. {Remember Google Pages + Google Groups? Well there's a lot more than that.} This time... it was Google Earth, Google Sketch-up, and Google Notebook. I had Google Earth before, but this time I got the new version {yes, they have a new version!} :] And I had also tried Sketch-up before, but then again, this was the age of rediscovery. The Renaissance, as some like to call it. {Well, not exactly...} :D Or, the phase in which I "spend-too-much-time-on-the-computer." I have to say, Google Earth's new version has this super cool feature, the SKY. Where, in the world, do you find GOOGLE SKY? Here, of course: http://earth.google.com/ Here you will find all the necessary information and the place to download the software. {Yes, it's free.} I liked the way they made the feature, it's SO COOL! Of course, then again.. you do get a little dizzy. Spheres! Ya, I made a lot of spheres with Sketch-up. I was fun. :D And then I made a block of cheese... Well, I certainly don't get the connection, but there you have it: it's an endless world of 3-D modeling. With you in control. Cool, eh? Ok, ok, get ready for the awesomest part: GOOGLE NOTEBOOK! Doesn't the name just sound awesome? It's a place where you can create multiple notebooks, then in the notebooks you can add sections, and there are not only notes but also the clippings feature. {This means you can copy something from the internet and directly clip it into your notebook.} Sure, Microsoft Word can do that, but can they SHARE IT?! No. Of course not. You can also work with a partner on the notebook + make a link for it. Kind of like Google Docs, but more interactive {and pretty-looking.} :D Anyone want to try? Yes, yes, I am aware of the fact that Ralph and I may sound like we are advertising for Google. But seriously? Blogger is part of Google. So you shouldn't really be saying anything. :P

No comments: